Hoarding books. That's my latest addiction which I imbibed from a fellow mommy friend Edel. I'm thankful to her for giving me a head start on the journey of book hunting for our kids. The importance of book reading was then reinforced by the seminars that we have been attending, particularly the talks by The Learning Basket. Books are indeed windows to the world and I'm glad we had a fairly good start at that. I'm proud of my 20-month old toddler for being able to say or blurt out some lines in the books that I've been reading to her. The only effort we need to do is to read at least a few minutes each day every day and our babies will soon be able to read back to us. It's really an amazing and magical sight to behold.
|A quote to inspire. Got it from the internet.|
For more than a year now, every time I would pass by a second-hand book store, I would spend some few minutes browsing through the children's books section and would only leave until I get to find a good book at a good price. The more I practice my book hunting skills, the better I become in looking for great finds.
Two weeks ago, I heard from a certain Facebook group about Books for Less having a Warehouse Sale. I especially got so giddy when I learned that all books are priced at P10.00 each, whether it's a children's book, pocket book, literature, etc. Another good thing is that the duration will be for the whole month of August, Mondays to Saturdays from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, except Sundays and Holidays. I told myself that I will definitely drop by their warehouse sale one of these days.
|Official poster of Books for Less Warehouse Sale|
Last Wednesday, I, together with my friend and sister, finally went to check out the most talked about warehouse sale. We left Binondo area at 2pm, got caught in a heavy traffic along Greenhills-Edsa area and arrived Pasig past 4pm already. We barely had few minutes left until 5pm to check out the whole place. But thankfully, they were very accommodating enough to extend and let us finish our book shopping. We left at around 6:30pm.
|Official map from their website|
We went there by car but if I were to commute, this will be my route:
- Take LRT to Edsa station
- Take MRT to Shaw Blvd station
- Take jeep going to Pasig Rotonda and alight at Jollibee Rotonda (along C. Raymundo Ave)
- Ride a tricycle going to La Consolacion College and the warehouse is just in front of the school (along Mercedes Ave)
|The whole area is just this big, but full of books.|
Let me give you some tips to make your book shopping experience more fruitful.
- Bring a list of titles or authors you are looking for. You can leave the list to the staff, ask them to find them for you and coordinate when you can go back. Although some might be sold at the original price but at least you get the books that you really want.
- Go there on a weekday at 8:00 am, fewer people, books are properly arranged and you get first dibs on the book selection for the day. They replenish books everyday.
- Remember to wear a mask to protect yourself from heavy dust all over the place. They have a CR inside if you want to wash your hands after.
- Dig deeper and don't leave a section unturned as you might find a good one underneath those mountains of books.
- Briefly browse through the insides of the books to check for torn/dirty pages and if the content is suitable for your little one.
- How to know if it's a good book? If it's classic, not character-themed, and included in the BFIAR list, then it's considered a good book.
- Bring a big cloth bag to serve as your shopping basket or bring your pile of chosen books to the counter for reservation if you can't carry them anymore.
- Before paying at the counter, double check again all your reserved books and remove those unwanted ones.
- Credit cards are accepted so feel free to buy as many books as you want. Just make sure you have prepared an empty shelf space at home to organize your new pile of books.
- Enjoy your book hunting and book hoarding! I suggest not to bring small kids so you can focus on your book hunt.
|This is their counter.|
|Me and my friend at the counter.|
I was able to hoard 36 books for only P360.00. Let me share with you my book finds below. All are children's books for my toddler.
|Part 1 of my book finds (15pcs)|
|Part 2 of my book finds (19pcs)|
The other 2 books are here.
|Sesame Street book|
|And a book about potty training|
Where else can you find cheap and in good condition books? Head on to Books for Less Warehouse Sale and don't miss out this great opportunity. Let's start building a mini library for our kids now.
|Look! I was even able to buy a Chinese children's story book!|
Share with me your book finds from the warehouse sale by leaving me a comment below. I'll be glad to know how your book shopping experience went. I wanted to go back!
Books for Less Warehouse
Address: 643 Mercedes Ave., Brgy. San Miguel, Pasig City
Contact Nos.: 633-8554; 0917-6309999