Since I became a mom, my priority has shifted towards taking care of my child and grooming her to become a better citizen. I really can't imagine being out the whole day and leaving my child alone with the helpers especially after hearing about the many scary stories about nannies. I also dread the day that my child would favor yaya over me and become ill-behaved which might disrupt her overall development. My conscience won't let me do that in exchange of my full-time job. I believe there's a better way to do it, being with my family while still earning on the side, making both ends meet. I had been working an eight-to-five job ever since I graduated from college until my precious little one came out. Thanks to this Facebook group, WAHMderful Community for Work-at-Home Mom, which I have came across over a year ago that gave me the push to pursue this path. It's good to see that more and more moms have already embraced the idea of staying at home, being hands-on with child-rearing, making use of their passion and skills to create income and eventually living a blissful life. That's actually the main goal of Ms. Martine de Luna, founder of the said Facebook group.
About the Expo
This coming October 25, 2014 (Saturday), WAHMderful Life and Manila Workshops are proud to present the most-awaited event of the year, The Work-at-Home Weekend Expo 2014. This one-day expo will feature twelve (12) different talks that will be useful to those aspiring and start-up entrepreneurs; and a booth area show-casing businesses of mompreneurs, online stores, companies that offer home-based jobs, and many others that would benefit the whole family.
This event will take place at the 12th floor of Insular Life Makati from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The twelve (12) talks are divided into six time slots with two talks happening simultaneously in two different areas, one near the Multi-Purpose Hall and one inside the Seminar Room C.
The line-up of talks are as follows:
10:00 to 10:45 am
- Business Ideation: Profitable Business Ideas (Speaker: Jeff Cua)
- How to Land your First Virtual Assistant Gig (Speaker: Marge Aberasturi)
11:00 to 11:45 am
- Managing your Kids while Working at Home (Speaker: Mariel Uyquiengco)
- How to Get (and Keep!) Your Freelance Writing Jobs (Speaker: Tina Rodriguez)
1:00 to 1:45 pm
- How To Succeed & Not Suck at Social Media Management (Speaker: Engr. Grace Bondad Nicolas)- Money Smarts: Beginner Level Investing & Personal Finance (Speaker: Fitz Villafuerte)
2:00 to 2:45 pm
- Legalizing Your Business the Hassle-Free Way (Speaker: Dandy Victa)
- Retailing Business: Branding and Word of Mouth Through C2C (Speaker: Bam Besa)
3:00 to 3:45 pm
- Computer 101: How to Use and Care for your Investment (Speaker: Jennyfer Ang Tan)
- Be a Photo Editor: Basic Photo Editing & Photography Jobs (Speaker: Kimberley Timbol-Reyes)
4:00 to 4:45 pm
- How to Create a Winning Business Plan & Reach your Perfect Clients (Speaker: Joy Gurtiza)
- Eating Right & Easy Meals when you're a Busy-holic (Speaker: Lourdes Labii)
Workshop Fee options:
Attend 6 talks - Php 1,500 (first 50 paid registrants before Oct. 19 get to take home a goodie bag from the sponsors; eligible for onsite raffle prizes; free to attend the remaining Mastermind Sessions on Sept. 27 and Oct. 4)
Attend 3 talks - Php 900
Attend 1 talk - Php 350
Access to booth area only - Php 100 (21 years old and up only, kids are free)
For those interested, you can sign up through this form. You can also click here for more details.
For those who want to be an exhibitor, kindly email your full name, designation and company name to email@example.com. Exhibitors get to have one (1) complimentary workshop pass, non-transferable.
About the Giveaway
I'm excited to let you know that Manila Water, one of the major sponsors of this event, will be hosting a giveaway on my blog. There will be three (3) winners who will each take home a set of Manila Water's leatherette folio, twin glasses and car shade. The giveaway is open to Metro Manila residents only and winners should be able to claim them during the expo on Oct. 25. Giveaway will run from Sept. 4 to Sept. 14. Winners will be announced the week after.
To know more about Manila Water, you can read my educational plant visit experience here.
For the mechanics, just follow what the Rafflecopter instructs you to do. Make sure to do the first two mandatory steps which is to post a photo on Twitter and leave a comment on this blog post before proceeding to the next steps. Failure to do the first two will make your entries invalid.
|3 sets of these: leatherette folio, twin glasses, car shade|
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Like Manila Workshops' Facebook page to get more updates about this Expo.
Good Luck and see you at the Work-at-Home Weekend Expo on Oct. 25!