If you have been following my blog, you would know that I love attending workshops and one of my favorites is Manila Workshop-organized workshops particularly their First Time Parents (FTP) series.
Here are some of the reasons why:
1. First of all, the topics are exactly what I needed as a new mom.
2. The venue is very accessible and conducive to learning, Medela House.
3. They have a hand-out neatly compiled in a folder inside a brown envelope.
4. They have a snack bar with biscuits, candies, coffee sachets and water.
5. There are lots of booths related to mom and baby and most of the time there would be sample packs or freebies for you to take home or free taste.
6. Best of all, you could attend for free if you are a Medela pump customer.
7. And you get to meet and mingle with new mommy friends along the way.
8. Lastly, it's actually my me-time, time to relax.
To give you a brief history, First Time Parents series started June of last year and I have attended at least four of them since then. Each year, they have lined up ten series of FTP workshops with varying topics to aid new mommies in their motherhood journey. Their topics would range from pre-natal, delivery, newborn care and even beyond toddlerhood. Want to know what's another good thing about FTP workshops? They have actually lowered their learning fee in order to reach out to more mommies out there. How great is that!
Are you curious to know what's their most requested workshop? It's the "What to Know Before Giving Birth" workshop, thus a rerun was made. I haven't attended this particular workshop yet because my baby is already a toddler when this topic came out. Last May 24, I attended their afternoon workshop on Mom and Baby Fashion/Baby Nutrition and upon signing in the registration, I was surprised to see a familiar name, one of my high school batch mates, who attended the morning session on What to Know Before Giving Birth the Rerun. I've thought of asking them instead on their feedback about the workshop and here's what the couple had said:
"The workshop talked about the journey from 1st to 9th month of pregnancy. It doesn't mean that if mommy is okay, baby is okay too. The chart on weight gain was very informative. They specially reminded us to avoid eating processed meat. The workshop is best attended by newly pregnant mommies who are still on their first trimester and will definitely benefit them the most." (Note that the mommy is on her 7th month already)
|Photo credit: Donna Donor|
And because it's the most requested workshop for FTP series, they have been blessed with lots of sponsors, which also means freebies! All the attendees got to take home loads of gift packs. Even if you were not able to attend, my readers will also have a chance to win gift packs from these sponsors.
Are you ready? But first of all, let me thank Manila Workshops for choosing The Binondo Mommy to host this grand giveaway. Two (2) lucky winners will get a chance to take home a gift pack overload from their sponsors namely: Unilab, Rustan's, NumaBaby and SebaMed.
|One set of Gift Pack Overload contains these items. Two sets will be given away. (Prizes may vary.)|
The giveaway will run from May 31 until June 15, 2014. Winners will be announced the next day. Winners should be able to claim their gift packs at the Medela House on June 28 between 1 to 5pm only. Just follow the mechanics as stated in the Rafflecopter. Unable to follow the mandatory steps will make your entries invalid.
I'm also inviting you to attend their 8th installment on the FTP series of workshop, Making Memories and Party Planning this coming June 28, 2014, 1 to 5pm. It's a 2-in-1 session that teaches first time parents on how to document milestones and important events in their child's lives as well as plan for their child's baptism and birthday parties. The speaker would be Ms. Michelle Katigbak-Alejandro, editor-in-chief of Metro Weddings. For more info, just click the link below the poster.
If in case you are one of the lucky winners of my giveaway and would be interested to attend, I'm extending a 10% discount to this particular workshop. You just need to indicate "The Binondo Mommy" as your referrer to get the discount.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
See you on the 28th of June!
Updated June 16:
Thank you everyone for joining! Because I can't seem to "add a winner" or access the entries using Rafflecopter, I used the Random.org instead in choosing the winners. Here's the line up of names who joined this giveaway.
- Ma. Clarice Lao-Itumay – DIY party ideas
- Jim Marlon Macaraeg – party planning
- Theresa Cruz-Escaros – childhood learning and development
- Riyalyn Gatdula – newborn care, baby tests and other health-topics for the baby
- Sherry Ann Gole Cruz – parenting and age-appropriate activities for kids
- Arra Odeza – child care, breastfeeding, saving tips
- Anne Marie Napay-Dragon – party planning, nutritious food for babies/toddlers
- Laila Mercado – business workshop
- Maricel Fajardo – parenting
- Lovelyn Pagulayan
- Helen Gatbonton – business
- Ann Cagalingan – self-confidence booster for kids
- Maria Elizabeth P. Andres – parenting, cooking and health-related
- Princess Buenviaje
- May Ongsioco – parenting
- Abegail B. Licayan – business
- Anna Maria Adona – age-appropriate games/exercises for skill/behavorial development
- Kristine Domingo – parenting, child behaviour
- Emilyn Cañares – parenting, tantrum-handling, nutrition
- Lovely Joy Merced – party planning
- Sarah Quijano – business
- Kharen Mallari – parenting, cooking, business
- Jeddahlyn Gonzales – party planning
- Mary Anne Ramirez – handling toddler quarrels
- Judith Albius – parenting, cooking
- Hanna Roxette A. Zulueta – parenting, cooking
- Rodel Salazar Mercurio – business
- Maria Kristina Punla – parenting
- Gracie Ramirez – satisfying children’s curiosity
- Allan Reyes – child care
- Jenny Esplana – make-up
- Jessiemer Abing – business
- Lorielyn Nocasa – parenting
- Mary Rose Paguio – business
Congratulations! Kindly message me in FB your confirmation that you will be able to pick-up your prize at Medela House on the 28th of June, from 1-5pm and if you would be attending the said event. Thank you! :)